We are offering English and maths functional skills (GCSE equivalent A – C or 4 – 9) for free!
It has been reported that 1 in 6 adults find not having their maths and/or English qualifications is holding them back. These skills are essential for your education, working and personal life.
It can help you:
- Feel more confident
- Improve your chance of employment or promotion
- Apply for higher education courses
- Enhance your sense of wellbeing
For employers, investing in your staff with these courses can help:
- Improve productivity and profitability
- Increase staff confidence and ability
- Enhance retention
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this course to be fully funded you must be:
- Employed or unemployed
- There may be some restrictions based on your home postcode, but we can direct you to another provider if this is the case
- You also need to be a UK national, other person with right of abode or an EEA national in the UK, who has been resident for at least the previous three years.
Please note this is not an ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) or English Language course.
I’m pleasantly surprised how much I’m enjoying learning maths. Having been out of education for many years and had previously had no motivation or desire to improve my maths skills, I’m enjoying every minute! It’s such a wonderful feeling to finally understand things that for years I never had.
How is it delivered?
You will attend one online session each week for up to 13 weeks. The sessions will be 90 minutes on Google Classroom or similar and will be in a small group. Sessions will also be recorded so you can watch them in your own time and request 1-2-1 support if needed.
Either complete the form on the right, email or call 01635 35 975. We will be able to give more detailed advice and guidance to make sure this is right for you, or if you’re ready to go we’ll enrol you straight away. If you plan to do this in ‘work time’ you will need to support of your employer. Remember this is fully funded so there is no cost to you as an applicant or to your employer.