West Berkshire Training Consortium
ILM Awards, Certificates and Diplomas from level 3 to level 5 can now be obtained through West Berkshire Training Consortium.
If you’re serious about developing your career, an ILM qualification will take you to the next level. It proves to you and your employer that you have the knowledge, skills and ability to take on new responsibility. If you have just been promoted, or are preparing for a new role, especially if it involves taking on work that is new to you, an ILM qualification will give you and your employer the confidence to know you can do the job effectively.
The focus is on real-world challenges that you face, as a leader and manager you'll be able to apply what you learn to add value and make a real and positive difference in your job.
As an individual, an ILM qualification will help you:
- Gain key management skills and put them into practice
- Develop leadership skills using your own knowledge and values
- Forge and manage relationships confidently
- Build your leadership capabilities including developing and motivating others
Having staff with ILM qualifications creates well-rounded leaders and managers, who have the essential knowledge, skills and awareness they need, and the capability and motivation to take practical action to improve individual and organisational performance.
As an employer, you'll benefit from your investment in the ILM by gaining:
- Effective and confident first line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Proven skills embedded into your organisation
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities
ILM Adds proven value to business
- 93% of employers say they have more capable managers after they complete an ILM qualification
- 90% of managers are better able to communicate, give feedback and motivate their teams after an ILM qualification
- 86% of employers saw a tangible improvement in their managers ability to manage poor performance after an ILM qualification
Source: “Delivering Real Value for Business” - ILM
Adaptable programmes customised for you
We recognise that all organisations have different requirements around management development and the ILM have designed flexible management and leadership qualifications that can be tailored in collaboration with your needs.
- WBTC can tailor qualifications to suit your organisation
- Recognition of prior learning - courses taken with another accredited body, can count towards an ILM qualification
- Continuing career development - study units from the level above and below, so managers can be fast-tracked to a higher level
- Qualifications are nested - complete an Award (smallest qualification) and it counts towards a Certificate (larger qualification) at the same level
For further information, please contact Matt Garvey via email here
To download the WBTC ILM Prospectus, please click here (Word document)
To download the WBTC ILM Self Assessment form, please click here (Word document)